Reporting an Environmental Incident
NZ Steel has an established environmental feedback process, in summary:
- Phone the NZ Steel Environment Team or External Affairs Officer (09-375 8111, 24 hours)
- Details of each event and location is recorded in NZ Steel's electronic incident database
- Within 24 hours, where appropriate, the initiator's property is visited and samples taken.
- Written follow up on the outcome of investigations and any proposed remedial actions.
- Where appropriate remedial action undertaken.